Education Required to Apply:
- You should have completed a certificate, diploma, degree or a graduate level program.
- The University or college should be a Alberta approved public or private post-secondary institution or a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in another Canadian province.
- The study program should have been at least one year of full-time studies.
- No internships or co-op work should be done during the one year of full-time studies.
- The job must a permanent, full-time job under an Alberta employer.
- Your occupation must be listed as Skill level NOC 0 (management jobs), NOC A (jobs requiring university education), NOC B (jobs requiring college education), NOC C (job requiring some training or secondary education) in the National Occupational Classification Matrix.
- The employer must be registered under an act of a Canadian Province and must well established and functioning.
- Your remuneration should be equal to or greater than the standard pay given to workers with your level of experience.
- Must offer additional benefits to the employee.
- The employer must be able to offer a job that meets Alberta’s employment and wage standards.
- Only candidates with skill level NOC C have to show a proof of language eligibility by meeting language requirement determined by CIC.
- The approved tests for language proof by CIC are : Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test d’Évaluation de Francais (TEF).
- The test result should not be more than a year older from the date of your application for Permanent Residency.
- Income should show that you are able to live permanently in Alberta.
You are not eligible if:
- Your occupation is mentioned in the International Graduate Category ineligible occupations list.
- You have any unresolved refugee claim in Canada.
- You are a live-in caregiver currently living in Canada.
- You are a temporary foreign worker working and living in a province other than Alberta.
Please check CIC website to know about the processing time.
No fees are required for applying but in case of your getting nominated, you will have to submit processing fees to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.